I found a couple hints, but this one might be the best one. https://github.com/puppeteer/puppeteer/blob/master/docs/troubleshooting.md#running-puppeteer-in-docker I actually changed parts
RUN npm i puppeteer \ # Add user so we don't need --no-sandbox. # same layer as npm install to keep re-chowned files from using up several hundred MBs more space && groupadd -r pptruser && useradd -r -g pptruser -G audio,video pptruser \
I replaced with
RUN mkdir /app/node_modules RUN groupadd -r pptruser && useradd -r -g pptruser -G audio,video pptruser \
So that I let
npm install install the package that has Chromium as a dependency (it might not be puppeteer itself).
Also I had to replace
&& chown -R pptruser:pptruser /node_modules
&& chown -R pptruser:pptruser /app/node_modules
node_modules will be inside that directory.